Monday, March 01, 2010

Promise of Spring

The sun greeted me as I awoke to the loveliest day we've had in ages. It shown through my windows as I wrote in my journal. It beamed as I enjoyed my breakfast of leftover brown rice pudding. It sparkled on the river as I got my rent for the month together. It warmed my back as I dropped off the rent and headed for work.

Yes, today was absolutely gorgeous. Other than it's still windy, it was a perfectly nice, typical day in late winter-early spring. I had very nice rides to and from work. There was no snow left on the sidewalks at all this morning...and barely any left anywhere by the time I headed home. You'd never know we've had snow around for almost a month in some places.

Work itself was on-and-off busy again, but the on times were really on. It's the beginning of the month, which always seems to bring a lot of obnoxious people who can't shop any other time out of the woodwork. Other than that, my relief was right on time and there were no major problems. I restocked on brown rice, sugar, fat-free evaporated milk, cake mix, and beef stock before heading home.

I did a few things around the house after I got home. I took out the paper recycling, which I've been meaning to do for weeks, including three boxes from recent online orders. I did the budget for the month. (Spent a LOT last month, but I needed a lot, too...and I got that tax return.) I took down the winter decorations. Normally, I'd wait another week or so to take the winter stuff down, but after this crazy season, I'm really sick of looking at it. I'll wait another week or so to put the spring decorations up - it's still a little early for that.

No comments: