Monday, February 28, 2011

Sleepytime Gal

I must have really been sick last night. I didn't get up until past 10 this morning! The first thing I did when I got up was take my temperature. My new digital thermometer read 97.1 when I pulled it out of my mouth. Much better.

And I do feel better. I still have congestion and a mild headache, but the worst thing now is a really awful sore throat. My head isn't burning up like it was, though, and I don't feel nauseous or too cold.

Needless to say, I didn't really do much today. It was almost lunchtime before I even got to breakfast! I did work on editing some of the Bowery Boys stories Lauren and I have written in the past month. Look for them later this week!

I took a DayQuil and felt well enough to handle work. Alas, my computer editing took me longer than I planned. I ended up having to rush my black bean soup lunch, toss my dinner together, throw on my uniform shirt, and rush out into the pouring rain. There wasn't time to ask for a ride. I went to work and got wet.

Work was steady when I got in, on-and-off later. I have the feeling that the only reason we're busy is because of the beginning of the month. Unless you're a big partier and need your green beer on St. Patrick's Day, March is neither a huge month for sports nor for holidays.

It was raining hard again when I went home. I just got wet again. I hate asking for rides.

I'm going to have to do the laundry tomorrow whether my head is up to it or not. I can't put it off anymore.

No comments: