Monday, March 21, 2011

Rainy Days and Laundry

I slept in this morning and didn't really get to do much besides the laundry. Maybe it was just as well. It apparently rained early this morning. I finally got to the laundromat around 11:30, by which time the rain was gone, leaving a gloomy, damp day. The laundromat wasn't too busy when I got in, but more people arrived as it became plainer that the clouds weren't going to burst again soon.

After I got home, I put away my laundry and, since I had a little time, worked on inventories. I worked on them for too long. I just barely had enough time to have leftovers for lunch, throw together dinner, change into my uniform, and get to work!

Work was busy for most of the night. There were a few obnoxious customers. One guy made a fuss because his half-gallons of iced tea were $1.99 instead of $1.69. The sign was dated, but he made such a fuss that I gave them to him anyway. Then there was the annoying guy who blathers on about "Dungeons & Dragons"-type games to anyone who will listen...and many people who won't.

And of course, I ended up staying later. One of the college students called out. He was supposed to be in charge of the self-checkout line. They replaced him with a teenage girl...but she was originally a checker tonight. That meant we were short-handed in the checkout lanes. I stayed an hour, but I really didn't want to push later. I was riding home on the bike. Not to mention, I'm not THAT desperate for hours right now.

No comments: