Saturday, March 12, 2011

Winds of March

I slept until 8:30-9AM, then spent the rest of the morning doing errands. I went to the bank. Chatted with the tellers about how I want to find a better job but not being sure what that better job IS. Did some brief volunteering at the Oaklyn Library. (Boy, were their DVDs in lousy shape today. I can't believe how unorganized they were.) Went for a quick walk afterwards, enjoying the windy, sunny, mid-50s morning.

When I got home, I had a spinach salad and the last of the Swedish Brown Rice Porridge for lunch, then had a windy ride to work. It was so warm by quarter of 1, I wore my blue spring coat and was perfectly fine.

Work was a pain in the rear. In addition to a lot of little old ladies who are picky about bagging, there was a family that kept having trouble with their credit cards. The daughter couldn't find her Food Stamps card at all and had to take her order to the front desk. The mother couldn't figure out how to swipe hers. Another woman with them kept switching things. They were all pretty nice about it, but it got really annoying and they held up the line.

It was very busy on and off. Thankfully, the lines had slowed enough by 7 that I was able to shut down. My relief was one of the college-age boys who is always late.

No comments: