Friday, April 08, 2011

Revelations In the Rain

The rain kept me inside all morning. I slept in, had breakfast, then finished off Wishcraft. Most of the last three chapters of the book was reading, rather than exercises. They dealt with getting through fear, rallying your family to the changes in your life, and the next steps.

Sigh. Though Wishcraft gave me an idea of what I want - to start an at-home business or at least work for a smaller company - I still don't know how I want to make those ideas work, or what strategy to use. I don't know many people I can just ask to come over and give me ideas. I'll look around for life counselors and see what I can do about starting with one later in the month.

That took much longer than I thought it would. It took so long, I didn't even have the time for lunch! I had to leave early. The lady who rang up my new work pants at Fashion Bug last night forgot to take off that white plastic tag thing that's attached with a metal piece, and I need those pants tomorrow. Not to mention, today is paycheck and schedule day.

So I hurried over to the Acme. It was raining a little at that point, around 2, not as hard as earlier but not lightly, either. I wasn't too wet when I left Fashion Bug and headed for work. I bought a bagel and a banana for lunch, picked up my paycheck, and went in.

Work was on-and-off busy all day. The waves of beginning-of-the-month customers are finally beginning to subside. It probably won't be really busy again on the weekdays until we get closer to Easter and Passover. I put candy away during the dead spots. I was able to get off and on with no problems. I did get wet going home, though.

Oh, and I have a very nice schedule next week. Nothing later than 6:30 (next Friday), and a couple of early days. Once again, I have Tuesday and Thursday off, which makes me very happy. My birthday is Thursday.

No comments: