Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Writer's Way

I slept in a little this morning, but not too long. I had work at 12:30. I read Wicked in bed, then wrote in my journal. I got up in time for Brunch With the Beatles. The theme there today was "Songs That Won Awards." These include "A Hard Day's Night," "Yesterday," "Eleanor Rigby," and "Hey Jude."

I did get to talk to Mom today. She was in a good mood. She initially had the house to herself before Keefe arrived home. Poor Dad wasn't. Both of the commercial fishing boats he works for broke down, which means he's losing money during a prime work period.

I told Mom about my desire to seek life counseling and to start an at-home business. She said that what I should really do is...write. It's what I'm good at. Yes, I'm good at writing, and I enjoy it, but I just can't seem to sit down and do it outside of my blog and journal on my own. I either get an idea and don't finish it, or I can't even write it down. Or I can't get ideas to come at all. I sit there and stare at a blank screen.

Headed for work right after "Brunch" ended. Work was busy, as it always is on Sunday. It went very quickly. There were no major problems, and my relief was a bit early. I was in and out.

I came home, made Flounder with Lemon White Wine Sauce and Mushrooms for dinner, and baked granola bars. I finished The Sting while the granola bars was in the oven. Hit the shower after they finished.

Got out of the shower just in time for The Dress Circle. The prolific Hollywood musical composer Harry Warren was in the spotlight tonight. If you've heard of him at all, you probably know him for his work with Al Dubin at Warner Bros in the 30s. He wrote music for other studios long after that, though, including "I Can't Begin To Tell You," "Jeepers Creepers," "On the Atcheson, Topeka, and the Santa Fe," and "I Wanna Be a Dancin' Man."

1 comment:

Marge Krah said...

Your mom might be on to something there.

You are a passionate, articulate, creative, insightful, gifted writer.

Let it flow!