Friday, April 15, 2011

Springtime at the Library

I took advantage of my only afternoon work this week to sleep in today. I watched Stooges shorts during breakfast, then walked over to the Oaklyn Library for this week's volunteer session there. The DVD shelves were a disaster area. Non-fiction DVDs were mixed in with fiction. Kids' DVDs were mixed in with adults. I put everything where it belonged, then pulled some of the TV sets that were taking up room on the main shelves and put them on the shelf with the non-fiction. New releases went on top.

The young adult's series shelf desperately needed to be organized again. It wasn't quite as bad as when I did it last fall, but they must have taken the shelves down when they painted the room and put everything back the wrong way. I got the books organized in their correct series and gave the extra Sweet Valley High copies to the librarian to add to their sales racks.

Went home and had leftover chili for lunch, then went to work. The day was sunny again, but yesterday's warm was replaced by a chilly, blustery wind. I had a rather cold ride to work!

Work was on-and-off busy, though not as bad as last weekend. There were no major problems, and my relief was right on time.

Went to a quick dinner after work. I had a Charbroiled Chicken Sandwich, waffle fries, and an unsweetened iced tea at Chick Fil'A. I thought about doing Sonic, but it was still too windy to be eating dinner outside.

Went back to the Acme and did my weekly grocery shopping after dinner. I was primarily replacing vegetables and fruit this week - grapefruit (3 for $1.99), oranges, strawberries, mushrooms, baby spinach, and asparagus. Had run out of brown sugar, and I needed to restock diced tomatoes and kidney beans after making that chili last week. The Acme is having a big seafood sale this weekend; grabbed shrimp and those dollar packs of salmon, tilapia, and flounder that come in handy for work days.

I have a pretty decent schedule next week, too. Two 2:30-7 days, Monday and Wednesday, otherwise nothing really late. Friday will be early, 10-4.

No comments: