Monday, April 04, 2011

Spring Has (Finally) Sprung

It was sunny, bright, and windy when I awoke this morning...and even more to my surprise, it was warm. Really warm. It had to be in the 60s when I poked my head out the front door. It was so warm, I barely needed a sweater while riding over to the laundromat.

I probably shouldn't have gotten in so late. It was really busy when I arrived. I was very lucky to get a washer and dryer. I spent the time finishing up Zorro, which will be going back tomorrow (along with A Weekend to Change Your Life and A Bundle of Trouble).

When I got home, I went right into putting everything away. I had a really big load this week, and there was a lot that needed to be organized, including towels and a bath mat. As I returned everything to its proper place, I put winter clothes aside in one pile.

When everything was stored, I pulled out the bins I use for the seasonal clothes. I wanted to pull out the spring clothes last week, but it never got warm enough! Today was the perfect day to do it. Other than some good black pants and skirts and a few long-sleeved shirts, all of my winter clothes - the other long-sleeved ts, turtle and mock-turtlenecks, most of my long pants, sweaters, anything corduroy, my chenille sleep socks - went in the bin. I pulled out short-sleeved blouses, more t-shirts, shorts, and short-sleeved pajamas.

I just had enough time for leftover tuna casserole for lunch before heading to work. It was so warm by quarter after 2, I didn't need to wear the sweater I brought along. However, it was also very, very windy, making for a difficult ride.

Work wasn't too bad when I got in or when I left...but the 4-6 rush hour was a mob scene. It was especially bad in the express lane I worked today. People were in a hurry to get out and enjoy the nice weather. This wasn't helped by this being the beginning of the month and having to deal with all the fun people that brings out of the woodwork.

Much to my surprise, it was still warm (and windy) when I rode home at 8. I didn't need the sweater coming OR going! I don't think that's happened since last October, maybe September.

No comments: