Saturday, February 04, 2012

Football Frolics

Started off today with football-related cartoons. Hello Kitty is more interested in being a wide receiver than prancing around in a ball gown...but she learns that girls can do both, and still get the penguin prince, in "Cinderkitty." Disney's first foray into sports, "Touchdown Mickey," had Mickey Mouse catching the passes and Goofy in the announcer's booth.

Headed to the bank and the Oaklyn Library after a bowl of cracked wheat cereal for breakfast. The bank was my first stop. Much to my delight, my tax return seems to have finally gone through. I'll be able to pay my rent and take a look at some non-credit business courses, along with browsing for a few more things for the apartment.

Headed to the Oaklyn Library next. You can tell I put this one off the longest. The DVDs were a mess, especially the adults. I don't know how the kids' sets got in with the adults - they have the orange stickers on them, for heaven's sake! Fished board books out of the kids' picture books and pulled books related to Valentine's Day and President's Day for display.

When I got home, I ran the Bowery Boys college football movie Hold That Line and the early Three Stooges Columbia short Three Little Pigskins while making Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. The cookies came out of the oven literally just as I was heading out the door!

Work was very busy for most of the day, not surprising on what's both Super Bowl Weekend and the first weekend of the month. One of the teenagers called out, and I ended up staying another hour. I wouldn't have bothered - I hardly need the money - but we really were that busy. We were so busy, a manager had to come in for me so I could go home.

No comments: