Friday, February 17, 2012

Working Out

Started today off with a run to the gym. I got there around 10:30; it was a little busy, though nothing like later in the evening. Worked on my legs, rear, and stomach muscles first, then hit the stationary bike. I got my best workout yet from the bike. In fact, I think I overdid it. I put the resistance up to 8, and somehow shot my heart rate up to 173 during a 25-minute bike ride! I'll either put the resistance down a bit next time or just go slower.

The Acme was my next stop. I wanted to pick up my paycheck and do some grocery shopping. Most of what I needed was fruit and vegetables - blood oranges, grapefruit, bananas, pears, and broccoli (the latter two on sale). I was disappointed to see that they no longer carry the Smart Balance sticks, though they do still have the tubs. Otherwise, most of what I needed was restocking - organic salt-free chicken stock, aluminum foil (I ran out this morning), chicken drumsticks, orange and apple concentrate, canola oil, and white cooking wine.

When I got home, I finished That's Entertainment (which I started during breakfast this morning) while putting away the groceries. Ran Good Eats episodes on winter vegetables while eating crock-pot chicken legs and roasted Brussels sprouts for lunch.

Spent an hour or so working on my assignment. I'm supposed to come up with a list of online businesses you can start. My first two were selling media and doll clothes. I'll work further on this assignment tomorrow afternoon before work and next week.

Work was off-and-on busy all night. Given this is a holiday weekend, I thought it would be much worse. The nice weather (it was sunny, breezy, and in the 50s today) may have encouraged people to leave for the Shore or the Poconos early. By the time I left, it was pin-drop quiet.

My schedule for next week isn't too bad. On one hand, I have two days off again, and nothing later than 8:30. On the other hand...I'll be working for 8 1/2 hours on Monday. I guess everyone else wanted to go away that day.

No comments: