Friday, July 24, 2015

Summer at WENN

Started off another gorgeous morning finishing up Wonder Woman and "The Phantom of the Roller Coaster" while eating breakfast and making Fresh Peach Muffins. Diana Prince has discovered that the spies intend to destroy the amusement park's most popular coaster in order to convince the owner to sell. The "Phantom" and his orphan apprentice have no desire to allow this to happen...and neither does Wonder Woman.

Spent the next hour and a half or so working on my fanfiction. Pruitt sends several of his goons to go after Scott and attack him in any way they can. The goons ambush Scott, Jeff, and Mackie on the way back from a trip picking up supplies for costumes. The goons try to throttle Scott by wrapping scarves around his neck, but Jeff and Mackie head them off. But Pruitt wants to try again, this time making it look more like an accident...

It was too nice of a day to hang out inside. Not to mention, Charlie was working on the plumbing - it was off and on all morning. I went for a walk to WaWa around 12:30. I was going to get eggs, but the price had jumped to $2.99. I just ended up buying a Cherry Limeade-Coke Icee. (The price was even worse at the Acme. I'll go back to WaWa for eggs tomorrow.)

When I got in, I ran a quick episode of Remember WENN as I ate leftovers for lunch and got ready for work. Roguish station manager Scott Sherwood claims he's "Scott Sherwood of the F.B.I" to impress his Aunt Agatha in a late second season episode. Writer Betty Roberts tries to help keep up the illusion....but Aunt Agatha has her own surprises to dish out to her nephew.

Work was pretty much the same as it has been the past few weeks - busy when I came in, off-and-on quiet for the rest of the afternoon. Once again, there were no major problems. My relief, one of the newly-hired college girls, was on time.

I'm not terribly happy with my schedule next week. On the upside, a few more hours. Not crazy about the 9 to 2 next Wednesday, or that my second day off won't be until Friday. (Although, considering my schedule the week of the 4th of July, at least I have as second day off.) I'm hoping things pick up this week as we get closer to the beginning of the month and the college kids going back to school.

After my big shopping trip on Tuesday, I didn't really need much in the way of groceries, I loved those Blueberry Newtons so much, I decided to try two more flavors, Triple Berry and Strawberry. Quaker Oatmeal cereals are still on sale; went with Cinnamon Life this time. I grabbed flour tortillas for tacos tomorrow. Used the last of the sugar on the Fresh Peach Muffins - that was the only thing I bought that wasn't on sale.

Opted for dinner at Chick Fil'A. It was quarter after 6 by the time I made it there. While the line for the pick-up window was half-way around the building, the line indoors wasn't anywhere near as bad. I had waffle fries, a Diet Coke, and half of a Grilled Chicken Cool Wrap. (I'll have the other half for lunch tomorrow.) I finished the Coke outside on the patio, watching the long line of cars await their meals.

No comments: