Sunday, July 26, 2015

Take Me Along

Began a hot, sunny morning with Blackberry Pancakes and some old-time music. Evidently, the Dorothy Provine Roaring 20's soundtracks were so popular, they dug further back and had her do an album of even older music from about 1890 to 1919, Oh You Kid! My favorite numbers are the comediennes' songs - "Ta Ra Ra Boom De Ay," "Rings On My Fingers," "I Don't Care."

Work was busier than yesterday, but still not overwhelmingly so for a Sunday. Other than a few annoying people, there were no major problems. There was a bit of a mix-up leaving. I thought the manager said I had a relief; evidently, I didn't. I did get out on time.

I had considered doing the laundry tomorrow or Tuesday, but the weather is supposed to get hotter and more humid. I figured, since I didn't have any other major plans, I might as well get it done today. I'm glad I did. It was pin-drop quiet when I arrived. Even the golf on TV wasn't making that much noise. I didn't have a really big load, anyway. By the time more people started to arrive, my load was in the dryer.

When I got in, I put everything away, then went right in the bath. Ahhh. I really enjoyed that. It was nice to cool off and relax after work and an enjoyable week. I looked over more recent cake decorating catalogs and listened to one of my big band collection CDs.

After I finished, I had leftovers for dinner while listening to my LP of the original cast of Take Me Along. This is the stage musical version of Ah Wilderness! Sid, the drunk uncle, gets a little more stage time here, thanks to him being played by Jackie Gleason. Robert Morse plays the son who thinks he knows everything about life, until he finds himself in a saloon with a floozy one night. Walter Pidgeon is his newspaper publisher father. Not the greatest musical, but some of the music is cute, especially Pidgeon and Gleason on the title song.

No comments: