Saturday, February 15, 2020

An Armful of Sunshine

I stayed up late last night watching YouTube. Didn't get up until almost 10:30, and it was closer to noon when I finally rolled out of bed. I got up so late, Buzzr already started running Match Game. Had a very quick brunch and made my grocery list as I enjoyed the game. Orson Bean made a cameo in the beginning as he came onstage to admit he was there as a stand-in for Gary Burgoff, whose wife was about to have a baby.

Didn't get out until past 1:30. Made my first stop of the day at the Oaklyn Library. They're still in the midst of reorganizing their adult DVD and book titles. I did those, then took a brief look at the kid area. They were about a half-hour from closing when I arrived, and I saw no one but the librarian. I headed out ten minutes before closing.

I wanted to do my grocery shopping today because the Acme's had "dessert party" in the back room, with all kinds of sweet treats set out on two tables. Along with my donuts, I saw a pineapple upside-down cake, a moist pound cake, a banana pudding cake, mini-cheesecakes, brownies, a rum bundt cake, and a regular chocolate cake with vanilla icing. I tried the rum cake, a brownie, a few donuts, and slices of the rum cake and pineapple upside-down cake. The pineapple cake was by far the best of them, perfectly sweet and fruity, with huge cherries in the center. I believe the rum cake was made with real rum - I could taste the slight bite in the near-liquid topping.

Needed quite a bit today, mainly things I kept forgetting in the past few weeks. I have an online coupon for free eggs from the Acme's rewards program, as well as online coupons for yogurt, bananas, and milk. Found broccoli and cake mix on good sales. Picked up boxes of My T Fine pudding mixes from the clearance racks. Restocked canned mandarin oranges and pineapple, toilet paper, buttermilk, lemon and lime juice, parchment paper, turkey bacon, plastic bags for bread, and chocolate chips.

My schedule's not bad. Early days all week; Tuesday and next Saturday off. The head bagger went on vacation again. At the very least, I'll have the time to get a lot done after work, and Tuesday is the only day this week we're supposed to get rain.

Returned to Buzzr when I got home. Let's Make a Deal had Monty Hall giving out a Mexican vacation to a lady who wanted a Hawaiian vacation and a tropical holiday to a woman who wanted to go to Mexico. The first lady ended up being one of the big dealers of the day and got cash that would likely be enough to go anywhere she wanted. A couple dressed as vacationers in sun hats and kiddie floats got the big deal, a huge stereo and TV set and a gorgeous piano.

Continued into Classic Concentration as I got organized and rounded up the laundry. The audience got unusually rowdy today as a college student and an older woman from Brooklyn both got "Take" cards...and both claimed a beautiful grandfather clock that they claimed to want badly. In the end, the young man took it back, won all the other prizes, and got the puzzle right. He couldn't figure out the car bonus round as fast, though. Alex Trebek joined in the fun, cracking jokes about his ex-wife and getting unusually loose for him.

Headed to the laundromat even before Concentration ended. I really needed to wash work clothes and couldn't put it off. For once, I picked the right time. They weren't busy at all. However, I discovered to my dismay that they raised the prices on the cheap washers another 25 cents; they're now $2.75, just 25 cents less expensive than the big front-loading washers. I'm tempted to use those from now-on, no matter how much slower they are. It got so late by the time my load came out, I ended up rushing the dryer and not letting them go as long as I probably should have.

Listened to Billy Joel on my CD player as I put the clothes away when I got home, then switched to writing. Bill the wolf figures out what happened to Brett when he sniffs around the comb in her head. The comb has been dipped in poison. Charles gets it out right away and restores her to health, though she remains groggy and sick. Marcia and Richard demand that the old woman explain herself, but she's not exactly talking.

I finished so late, I didn't break for dinner until well past 7:30. Made turkey bacon, roasted potatoes, and scrambled eggs with spinach, cheese, and mushrooms while watching more Sailor Moon. The second half of the Super S (fourth) season arrived from Amazon yesterday. The first disc kicks off with "Destined Partners? Makoto's Innocence." Makoto is thrilled when a handsome, mysterious young man chooses to dance with her at a big college party. She's so smitten with him, she stays up all night waiting for him. That young man, however, is far from what he seems...and his wooing her is part of a Dead Moon Circus plot.

Fish Eye goes after Mamoru in "Shadow of Evil: The Trio's Last Chance." Fed up with their constant failures, Zirconia tells them what they really are...and that if they don't get Mamoru's dreams, she'll return them to what they were. Fish Eye desperately tries to woo Mamoru, but he adores his dream-filled Usagi. Puzzled, the Amazon ends up befriending Usagi and trying to find out why he and his guy buddies don't have beautiful dreams like hers.

Finished the night with Heidi's Song for free on Vudu. I go further into this lovely Hanna-Barbara animated musical from my childhood at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.

Animation Celebration Saturday - Heidi's Song

No comments: