Saturday, September 01, 2007

Go Where You Wanna Go

Celebrated the first day of September and the return of great, normal dry late-summer weather with a quick farm market trip this morning. Didn't see any blackberries, so I assume they're done for the season, but I did pick up bananas from a wholesaler, peaches, romaine lettuce, mushrooms, small Gala apples, and yellow squash.

Work was busy, with no major problems beyond that "lack of help" thing that will probably continue throughout the weekend and into next week as the kids return to school and people who don't have kids go on vacation. It should be busy for most of this week. Even after people do their Labor Day barbecues, parents will be buying kids school lunches and big after-school dinners, and everyone else will be using beginning-of-the-month money.

Oh, except for one thing. A woman got angry at me when I asked her about under the cart. Allow me to repeat what I wrote a few months ago...

I ASK YOU WHAT'S UNDER THE CART BECAUSE I CAN'T SEE UNDER THE CART, NOT BECAUSE I AM ACCUSING YOU OF STEALING. IT IS NOTHING PERSONAL. MY MANAGERS HAVE ASKED ME TO DO THIS; I CAN'T HELP IT IF I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO REMEMBERS. WE HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH PEOPLE FORGETTING LARGE ITEMS UNDER THE CART.

No comments: