Sunday, September 09, 2007

Not An Auspicious Beginning

What a long day. I forgot to set my alarm clock last night and woke up over an hour later than I planned, barely making it to work at 9:30AM. Work was completely insane the moment I arrived. Sundays are always crazy, even outside of the football season, but the Acme's having these huge 10 for $10 sales and the place was completely mobbed today. Good thing I did my grocery shopping on Friday. It was busy even after the Eagles game started. The store was only just starting to clear out when I left at 2:30.

I rode straight over to Uncle Ken's to watch the first Philadelphia Eagles game of the season against the Green Bay Packers. Uncle Ken's a huge Eagles fan and holds big parties during every daytime game. Most of the family in the area and a lot of neighbors drop by. The place was packed when I came in. My biological father's girlfriend Jodie immediately offered a hot ham sandwich and cold drinks, both of which I needed badly. I was starving, and it's still hot as heck out there.

The game wasn't nearly as nice as the food and company. Both the Eagles and the Packers played badly; the Packers won, barely.

No comments: