Friday, September 28, 2007

Trains, Bikes, and Buses

After an early start to pick up my paycheck and deposit it in the bank, I decided a trip to the Deptford Mall area would be just the thing to clear my head. The Deptford Mall is one of four large malls in Southern New Jersey surrounded by other smaller shopping centers and freestanding stores. (The others are the Echelon Mall, the Moorestown Mall, and the historic Cherry Hill Mall.) I ride my bike to Collingswood, where I take a very short, two-minute train ride to Haddonfield. I catch a bus to Deptford or Cherry Hill at Haddonfield, depending on what I need and where I want to go. I wanted to check out Target, so I went to Deptford.

Didn't end up getting much. Everyone talks about how wonderful Target's Halloween selection is, but I didn't see much that I liked. My problem with decorating for Halloween is I don't like to go too spooky. I hate horror movies; I'm definitely not a blood-and-gore type girl. I did get a few ideas for Halloween costumes, though. Maybe I'll see if I can find a blue dress (or a blue shirt and skirt) and be Alice In Wonderland, or maybe I'll be a queen.

My only major purchase was a pack of socks from JCPenney, who was having a 30% off sale. They make the best socks, nice and thick crew socks. I can't stand those silly anklets that provide no support for your ankles and look childish.

No comments: