Friday, September 21, 2007

Sugar, Sugar

A mostly quiet day. I spent the morning adding to lists, working on The Monkee Knight, and editing the many new short stories Lauren and I have worked on for our Monkees Role Play site. I posted the Monkee role-play shorts tonight, including one for next month's not-yet-written story.

Work was mostly dead...but a 4-day coupon sale added up to a 6-hour pain-in-the-rear. The Acme is having a big sale on 5-pound bags of Domino's Sugar this weekend, but we weren't sent nearly enough to meet demand and ran out early, so the store substituted Acme's generic 5-pound bag of sugar. Even with the substitution, some people STILL weren't happy! They wanted rain checks! They actually believed there's a difference between Domino's sugar and every other sugar on the market.

Please. I don't see how. They're all sweet, they all came from canes, and they're all bad for you in large amounts. I'll bet one of my customers was right and Domino's makes Acme's sugar.

And...I decided what I want to do with myself. I'd like to be a children's librarian. I just need to figure out how to go back to school and what to do with myself in the meantime.

No comments: