Saturday, December 29, 2007

Mind Their Ps and Qs

Another relatively quiet morning. Made a quick trip to Dad and Uncle Ken's house to grab my purse (I forgot it there when I did laundry yesterday). I ran to WaWa's afterwards and grabbed turkey lunch meat and a chai tea latte that wasn't bad. (I think Doria's Deli around the corner is closed for the holiday week.) Messed around on my computer when I got in.

Work, on the other hand, was annoying. People are so rude! My very first customers of the day were an obnoxious elderly pair. The man kept growling about the prices and would shove items at me, asking me what this or that came up and squawking when nothing came up the way he wanted it to, and the woman kept whining at him. Well, if he'd read the signs right, he would have bought what was on sale.

Things didn't get much better as the evening continued. There were more grouchy or obnoxious people than usual for the end of the month, culminating in a screaming match between two customers, with one shrieking nasty language in a public place with children and teenagers in earshot. You'd think she was driving on a New Jersey highway during rush hour, the way she was carrying on! I don't know exactly what happened. I had the woman in my line and she was fine, if a little fussy, then. I'm assuming it's just the pressure of the holidays getting to everyone.

No comments: