Saturday, September 27, 2008

At the Farm Market

I finally made it to the farm market for the first time since the day I went on vacation. I needed to refill my vegetable drawer and pick up some spinach that wasn't wilted like the stuff I find at Super Fresh. I also bought leeks, mushrooms, pears, a tomato, a large zucchini, yams, fresh cheddar cheese, and tiny little apples barely bigger than my fist. I wanted to buy honey, but the still-cloudy-weather must have scared the honey booth off. They weren't there today. It was still busy, though. Lots of people and LOTS of dogs, including a huge, noisy black poodle at one of the booths for local charities.

Spent the rest of the day at work. It was steady but not crazy-busy for most of the day. The weather was still cool, but also cloudy, windy, and horribly humid. It didn't even sprinkle this time, though. The clouds looked like they were breaking up when I left the farm market, but by the time I was finally finished with work around 6, they'd returned.

No comments: