Friday, September 05, 2008

Gettin' Ready

I didn't sleep very well last night. My mind was on everything I wanted to do this morning. I eventually got up earlier than planned...and finished all my chores earlier. I went to the Acme and picked my paycheck (paychecks, actually - we get two when we go on vacation) and a few odds and ends for snacks for the bus. I also got to say goodbye to a few co-workers I didn't see yesterday. After I left the Acme, I went to Wal-Mart and bought cameras, a new pair of shorts that were only 3 dollars, wet wipes and a small pack of tissues for the trip, and a new computer mouse. The Acme hadn't been hugely busy, but Wal-Mart was, with a fairly long but fast-moving line. I then went up to the PNC Bank on the Black Horse Pike to deposit most of my paychecks, then to the Walgreens a few blocks down to get Lauren her thank-you gifts. I got her the WCares WebKinz Lil'Kinz Cow and another item.

It was sunny and windy when I got out this morning. By the time I got out of Walgreens, it was noon, and getting hotter by the minute. I could see large, fat white clouds in the sky, too, but they were hardly threatening...yet. I headed home for lunch. I'd wanted to take a nice walk that afternoon and give Uncle Ken and Dad some of my Blueberry White Cake and return Mark's computer mice, but it was just too hot. Actually, it was in the upper 80s - not as bad as it could be (it was supposed to get up to 93 today), but far worse than it has been recently. We just aren't used to the heat anymore. It was a bit humid, too. Uncle Ken was the only person home at his house. I gave everything to him and wished him a happy trip (he and Dolores are going away next week and will be gone when I come back), then just went home and spent the rest of the day finishing the pirate historical novel The Golden Hawk, watching the Beatles movie Help!, and packing.

(Incidentally, Lauren told me she has a laptop in addition to her regular computer that I can use to go online with when I'm there, so I'll be able to update this blog regularly while I'm on vacation this year.)

No comments: