Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Early Bird Catches the Customers

Today was my early day. Really early. I was up at 4:30AM and at work by 6. It wouldn't be a big deal if it was something I did all the time, but I'm usually up between about 7 and 9AM and in bed between 11:30PM and 1AM. I was a zombie all through work, which proved to be a bad thing. We were short-handed, thanks to a cashier calling out, and we had lines even at 7:30 (an hour before any other cashiers were scheduled to arrive, of course). I didn't get my first break until well after 10...and got my last 40 minutes before I went home.

I didn't do much else today. Tried to take a nap after I got in, but opted to read Cream Puff Murder and work on editing stories instead.

And Mother Nature was weird again. It was gloomy and cloudy for most of the day, both when I went to work and when I came home. It supposedly rained in between, but it was actually fairly dry when I rode home. Somewhere around 7, we got another thunderstorm, but it vanished quickly and wasn't nearly as noisy as some of the storms we've had lately. Right now, it's just back to clouds and cold.

No comments: