Thursday, April 09, 2009

Spring Cleaning Day

Yes, that's what I spent most of today doing. It was a lovely day to do it, too, warm and sunny and breezy. I opened windows and doors to air out the apartment. The floors in the bathroom and hallway between the entertainment room and the bedroom got their annual scrubbing. (Neither the hall nor my bathroom are big. It took 20 minutes all together.) I watched elementary school children look for eggs in the park next door as I hung two rugs out to air.

I've been wanting to wash the window blinds for a while now, but I've never had the time or inclination to do it. I tried to wash the one from the bathroom in the kitchen sink, but it just isn't big enough. I ended up wiping them all while they were still hanging instead. (I'll take them outside and wash them when it gets warmer next month.)

Finished up with the kitchen. Scrubbed the outside of the refrigerator, the sink, the walls behind the sink, the stove, the counter, and the doors to the underside of the sink. Also wrapped my sister Rose's birthday present to give to her tomorrow (it was Tuesday), got Easter cards for the family together, and sent my best friend Lauren's Easter card.

Work was steady when I got in, and though it picked up during rush hour later, there were no real problems other than I thought I was working until 7:30 and I was really working until 8:30. Tomorrow is the 2:30 to 7:30 day.

No comments: