Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Balance

Rose and I were supposed to go to Yogawood together this morning. I ended up going alone. She said she didn't have the money for it...and unlike the last time she opted out of yoga class, she didn't sound sick or upset, just annoyed that she was broke.

Class was surprisingly mid-sized, about 10 with me and the teacher Micki. With so many people having Good Friday off, I figured it would be packed. I guess a lot of people went away for the weekend instead or have to work. We did a lot of moves that involve twisting or stretching the legs. I wish I didn't have to lean on my hands and shoulders so much. I don't think they can really handle my weight.

After class, I headed first to the thrift shop to bring another bag of donations. They didn't have anything interesting today, so I moved on to the Collingswood Variety Store across the street. They're having a $9.95 sale on all WebKinz except for retired ones. I didn't get anything for myself (with Easter on Sunday and my birthday on Tuesday and all), but I did get Lauren a groundhog. She apparently can't find them at all in New England.

Headed home after that. I spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon working on cupcakes for Easter and continuing the spring cleaning. I just threw together a box of Duncan Hines Yellow Cake Mix with buttermilk in place of water and some of the oil and frosted them with Acme White Icing and pastel sprinkles. Washed the windows while the cupcakes were in the oven.

It was a little cloudy and cool this morning, but by the time I went to work, the sun had come out, and it was gorgeous, warm and breezy. It was supposed to rain all day today, but it didn't end up raining until around 9PM, by which time I was long out of work. Work was steady for most of the night, by the way, busier during rush hour, and with no major problems.

No comments: