Friday, April 03, 2009

Now You See Lightning, Now You Don't

The weather was pretty weird today. It would be sunny. Then the clouds would suddenly move in, and it would start pouring, sometimes heavily. Then the sun would return, while it was still raining! We even had a fairly nasty thunderstorm at one point. Good thing all I had planned for this morning was working on the budget and pulling out the spring and summer shoes.

I don't know why I thought I had work at 2:30 instead of 2 to 7:30. I can't believe I did that again! I even had it written down right on my wipe-off board on the fridge this time. I ended up staying an extra half-hour. It might have been just as well. We were busy all night, with more obnoxious beginning-of-the-month people (though thankfully there were no ugly incidents like yesterday).

No, the problems this time were with my schedule for next week. Not only did I have a mere 15.50 hours listed, but I didn't get Thursday off, which I did ask for. Sue, the head front end manager, did finally give me 2:30 to 7:30 next Friday, but said she couldn't give me Thursday because of the holiday weekend. First of all, Good Friday is the holiday. Second, they can give me three days off in a row early in the week, but can't switch Thursday? And I had to beg for Friday! This is ridiculous. I'm going to have to call Scott and reschedule AGAIN. And they'd BETTER give me my birthday off. I've asked twice, the first time over a month ago.

No comments: