Monday, April 06, 2009

Welcome to the Rain

Work called me first thing this morning, before I'd even gotten out of bed, and asked me if I wanted to come in from 12:30 to 6:30. That was fine. I badly need the extra hours. Frankly, I'm surprised I got lousy hours the week before Easter. Do they really think it's going to be dead this week? (Or next week, either.) Work was, indeed, steady, with no major problems.

The rain was pretty steady, too. It rained on and off all day, though thankfully the thunderstorms were limited to early this morning. (One really noisy one woke me up around 6:30! Thank goodness I was able to get back to sleep before the Acme called. I was up late last night.) I was able to ride by bike to work. The rain started again just as I arrived.

I wasn't as lucky later. It was pouring around 6:30. Instead of trying to go home and getting soaked, I opted to go to the mall behind the Acme and have pizza at Tu Se Bella's for dinner, then browse in FYE while waiting for the rain to stop.

No comments: