Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Keep On Movin'

Once again, I'm tired out. I got a lot done today. I did my laundry, which took me longer than planned, thanks to Uncle Ken and Dolores forgetting they had a load in the wash from a week before that had to go in the dryer.

While their laundry was in the dryer, I finished organizing the last three shelves of children's picture books at the Oaklyn Library. The librarian really appreciated it. She said I'm the first person who was able to get it done. Most of the volunteers whom had tried to organize it had gotten so frustrated with the mess, they never came back!

I put my laundry in the dryer, then went back to my apartment. I had leftover Italian Wedding Soup and Chicken Skillet for lunch. I made my bed. I aired out my rag rug and shook out my daisy mat. I vacuumed the entire apartment. The kitchen was a real pain; between my baking and cooking and being where you enter the house, there was stuff all over the place.

Watched Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer between chores. It's still not in the same league as the X-Men films or even Iron Man, but it is an improvement over the first Fantastic Four movie that I rented back in June and didn't like. The performances were a bit less bland here, especially Johnny Storm (who carried a lot of the film), and the end-of-the-world plot had a lot more excitement to it than just trying to defeat Victor Von Doom. (Doom, incidentally, remains a rather dull villain.) Another thing I like about this series - it generally has a lighter tone to it than the X-Men films, with Reed Richards and Sue Storm's attempted marriage, spoofs of the media's celebrity obsession, and all the bickering the Four do.

Headed to work after I finally got the laundry put away and the vacuuming done. Like yesterday, work was a nuthouse until right until about an hour and a half before I finished at 9:30. Other than that, most people behaved themselves and there were no real problems.

No comments: