Thursday, January 06, 2011

Balance In the New Year

Started a sunny, chilly morning with the first yoga class of the new year. I guess I'm not the only one who skipped last week. Today's class was full, with at least 18 people counting me and the teacher Karin. Balance for the New Year was the theme today. We concentrated on balancing poses, like Tree and handstand. I'm getting really good at the walking-on-walls handstand and better at Eagle and Tree, but I'm still working on that headstand and shoulders stand.

Went straight to the Library after yoga class ended for this week's Collingswood Library volunteer session. It was pretty quiet there. I just returned and organized DVDs. The DVDs really needed to be done. The kids' shelf was terrible - half the DVDs weren't where they belonged. Is it really that difficult to teach kids how to put things back where they found them?

I made a quick stop at the gift basket shop to look at WebKinz (nothing I want), then headed home. As soon as I got home, I did the last thing I had to do for Christmas. I changed Molly, Samantha, and Jessa into their winter clothes and the Sailor Moon dolls into their regular uniforms.

Samantha now wears her gray Flannel School Dress, black Springfield Collection stockings, and black velvet AG shoes. Molly wears her "Meet" argyle sweater, skirt, and dickey with white Springfield stockings and vinyl shoes. (I got around her blue skirt not fitting by fastening it with a safety pin. Her sweater covers it.) Jess wears the green front-tie blouse I bought her last fall, her original black corduroys, white Springfield socks, and the Springfield sneakers I got for Christmas. I left Felicity in her Riding Outfit; it's the only winter outfit she owns.

I had a quick lunch of leftover chicken stir-fry, then headed to work. Work was pretty much the same as yesterday - on-and-off busy. There were some fairly obnoxious people, though. One lady fussed about a $10 for $10 sale. If you bought the right items, they were supposed to come down to 80 cents each. Well, she bought some of the right items, and they did come off...but they weren't all a dollar. They were still on sale, though...and she still complained over a measly couple of cents! She had to go back and get the right things and hold up the line. I wish people would learn to have consideration for others. Sheesh, that canned pasta isn't even good for you!

I heard two rumors going around work tonight...and neither were quite right. The first was that local pastry company TastyKake is shutting down. Uh, no. They just built a new baking facility in South Philly. They just named a new CEO, for crying out loud! They're having financial problems, but all three local newspapers and their website say they'll be continuing to make yummy local favorites like Butterscotch Krimpets and Creme-Filled Cupcakes for the time being.

The other was the same persistent rumor we hear all winter - we might be getting snow tomorrow. Um, well this one was true...to a point. As of this second, the National Weather Service says we'll be getting about an inch. Maybe two inches by the Shore. There's a chance of snow on Monday or Tuesday, but just a chance.

No comments: