Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Cleaning Up for the Holidays

It rained on and off for most of the morning. I decided I was much safer and dryer staying home. I spent the morning baking Cranberry Bread, cleaning the kitchen, and watching various specials. Did Winnie the Pooh: Seasons of Giving first, then Planes, Trains, and Automobiles and the Angelina Ballerina Christmas special The Show Must Go On.

I started making bread at Thanksgiving during my college years. Bread was often the only thing I had the time to make that I could bring home for Thanksgiving, and the Pilsbury Quick Bread mixes weren't expensive. As it turned out, Mom had plenty of food for dinner and dessert...but my bread was perfect for a quick breakfast the next morning! They were such a hit, I've brought two loaves of quick bread, one Cinnamon Strusel and one pumpkin or cranberry, to Thanksgiving dinner ever since.

I jotted off a quick e-mail to Stockton College after I finished with the kitchen. I'm hoping they'll call me or send me more information on their non-credit program. The Art Institute called, but I finally said thanks a lot, you were very kind, but you're not really quite what I'm looking for. I'll keep you in mind. They only had one class I was really interested in, and it was expensive.

Thank goodness the rain was long gone by the time I headed to work. Work was on-and-off busy all night, actually not as bad as I figured it would be, given that tomorrow is the biggest food holiday of the year. There was plenty of help, no problems whatsoever, and the time went quickly.

For my American readers who won't be able to get online tomorrow, I wish you a very happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: