Thursday, February 23, 2012

Balance and the Business Classes

Started a sunny, above-average-warm morning with a yoga class. Today, we worked on getting into lotus pose. Basically, you sit cross-legged and try to pull one ankle on top of the other. Needless to say, I'm not coordinated enough to pull that one off yet.

The Collingswood Library was my next stop. There was a nice little pile of DVDs to shelve. I organized the shelves as well - the kids' shelves really needed it. I also pulled a couple of titles that needed to be relabeled.

Headed out a bit earlier than usual and went straight home. I wanted to work on my class assignment after lunch. I finally decided that what I had was enough and sent it to the teacher. (I forgot and sent him the assignment for the other class as well - it's supposed to be self-directed. Oops.) He said it was fine, but I need to not attach it to an e-mail next time. (He never said how he wanted it sent.)

Work was pretty much the same as yesterday - steady during rush hour, quiet otherwise. The biggest problems occurred beyond the front end. First of all, they're now working on remodeling the other side of the break room, which means we have to eat in the cafe between the bakery and the deli, and I had to park my bike in the back of the loading dock. Second, apparently an older woman fell down somehow. I didn't see it, but I did see her with one of the managers. She seemed more dizzy than hurt.

Oh, and I got another outfit for Molly today. Her After-School Outfit was one of the line of play/work outfits and dresses released for the then-existing American Girls in 1991. Unfortunately, all of them had been retired by the time I started collecting again. The outfit consists of a blue and red plaid flannel shirt, navy corduroys, and navy ribbons for her braids. I got a Pre-Mattel version on eBay that came with all three, plus a hanger and a plastic garment bag. I absolutely adore it. I'm surprised Jessa didn't get it for Molly when she had her. Other than the pants Velcro on the side, it looks like something a perfectly normal kid would wear even now after-school or on the weekends. There's two buttons missing, and I really paid too much for it, but if you can find this outfit for a decent price used, it's very much worth it.

No comments: