Thursday, February 02, 2012

Balance and the Groundhog's Prediction

I awoke to the radio announcing that Puxatawny Phil, the local groundhog, had seen his shadow. They may have had something about that six weeks of winter. It was gloomy and windy this morning, not to mention colder than yesterday. It was probably in the mid-40s, still  not what it should be at this time of year, but at least closer than in the 60s.

I overslept and almost didn't make it to yoga! I worked too late to do the night class this time, and I wanted to get cleaning done here yesterday. I think I really prefer the afternoon class. It's a lot less high-maintenance...and quieter. The morning class was almost capacity-full! I ended up in the back, near the stereo, which may have been just as well. I was probably the only one who had room to work on hip openers and balance moves. I'm getting good at walking up the wall...but I still can't lift myself with my arms or do squat poses.

As much as I like Karin, I think I'm going to try to get to the easier Wednesday and Thursday afternoon classes whenever possible from  now on. It's simpler for me...and it makes me feel better to see others like myself who aren't perfect at the poses or all that fast.

Went straight to the Collingswood Library after class. Unlike at Haddon Township yesterday, there was plenty for me to do. I shelved two large stacks of DVDs, then went upstairs and put away a small pile of non-fiction books.

Got in around quarter of 1 and had lunch, then went online to look at Stockton's business courses. I need to call them badly. Their website says that alumni get 20% off non-credit courses, but I wonder if that applies to all alumni. I haven't exactly kept up with Stockton for the past 10 years. I wasn't happy with them when I left. I've spent a lot of the last decade feeling like everything I learned there was worthless. It was partially my fault. I may love movies, but I don't want to be a public relations person. I'm not much of a saleswoman. Communications was the wrong major for me. I really should have taken something practical, like business or computer sciences...and now is the time to correct that.

I was on the computer for so long, I got out with just enough time to make it to work with no fuss! Work was steady when I came in, busy when I left. There were a few mildly annoying beginning-of-the-month customers, but otherwise no major problems.

No comments: