Sunday, September 14, 2014

Dolls In the Garden Next Door

Started a sunny, cool morning at work. We were very busy all day with people buying things for parties and impromptu barbecues. (The Eagles don't play until tomorrow night.) We had more trouble with the registers than with the customers. The computer at register 5 was down all morning. Register 8's coupon machine wouldn't print. It kept spitting out blank paper. The monitor at register 4 kept blanking out. I had to continually turn it off and on to get it to work. I'm glad I only worked four hours, and my relief was on time.

When I got out, it was still sunny and breezy, but a little warmer than it had been this morning. I decided to treat myself to lunch at Sonic. I wasn't the only one who did, either. There were at least three families enjoying their meals on the patio when I ordered my favorite grilled chicken sandwich, tater tots, and cherry limeade. It was the perfect day to eat outside, warm but not too hot or windy.

Headed home after I ate. I changed into regular clothes and spent an hour or so reading Dying Cheek to Cheek, a mystery about a wealthy debutante who does legwork for a popular gossip columnist in Los Angelas in 1947 and gets involved with the murder of an early TV station's first newscaster.

It was too nice to be inside all day. I decided to do something I'd wanted to try for a while. I dragged my Samantha, Felicity, and Josefina dolls next-door to the park to take photos of them in the garden. I got a couple of shots of them on the porch, too. I think the photos came out pretty well, other than Samantha got dirt stains on her new stockings when her loose legs wouldn't let her pose properly for her picking a pepper picture. (I was able to wash the stockings out later.)

Dolls In the Garden Next Door

I spent the next hour or so in a nice, warm bath, looking over cake decorating books and listening to a Jerome Kern jazz CD. When I got out, I put on my Show Boat studio cast album from 1988 while eating a bagel with raspberry preserves and a can of fruit cocktail for dinner. I also have the 1994 revival, but this has a couple of songs that didn't make it onto that one, including two comic favorites of mine, "I Might Fall Back On You" and "Life Upon the Wicked Stage."

2 comments:

Linda said...

Pssst, Emma, your link to your dolls' pictures goes to an Animaniacs DVD.

Emma said...

Oops! Thank you for pointing that out. I fixed it. :">