Friday, May 29, 2015

Thank God It's a Busy Friday

I had a lot to get done today, starting with this week's volunteer session at the Oaklyn Library. While there wasn't really much to do with the DVDs, there were a few kids' books to shelve. I took a look at the kids' section to make sure that was organized as well.

Since I had a little extra time, I stopped at Common Grounds Coffee House for a much-needed "Iced Oaklyn Mocha" latte. After I gulped that, I hurried to America's Best. I've been putting off ordering my contacts. My membership expired, and I knew it would be expensive, but I didn't have a choice. I just got rid of my last pair.

Work was a little busier than yesterday, otherwise not bad. It was hot and sunny, but breezy and not quite as humid as earlier in the week. Other than my relief was late, there were no major problems, and I was in and out.

My schedule is pretty much the same as last week. I still only have one day off, but a lot of short mid-day shifts will make up for that somewhat. This time, Tuesday is the day off and Friday is the extra-early day. Otherwise, nothing out of the ordinary for late spring.

I had a little more grocery shopping to do than last week, though still not a ton. Acme's having one of those "Mega Event" sales where you buy 6 of a wide selection of items and get three dollars off the lot. So many items are a part of the sale, even I was able to take part in it - I got tuna, Cinnamon Life, Acme's generic honey roasted peanuts, a bottle of Poland Sparkling Lemon Water, the generic 18-count eggs, and Jiff Natural Creamy Peanut Butter. I found a two-pack of crab cakes with a manager's coupon (I'll have them for dinner tomorrow) and restocked my cheap fish fillet packs. I've been seeing ants, especially in the kitchen - I picked up ant traps. Needed sugar, cooking spray, and bananas and had a coupon from the Monopoly game for the 25 oz Palmolive dish washing liquid.

Hit Tu Se Bella's in the Audubon Crossings Shopping Center for dinner after I finished my shopping. Though they were busy, it didn't take too long to get my two slices of pizza and Diet Dr. Pepper. Yum. I had cheese and white broccoli-tomato. Yum. Tu Se Bella's makes the best pizza in this area. It's expensive (which, coupled with the traffic in the mall, is why I don't eat there more often), but's soooo good.

When I got home, I finished out a round of Hello Kitty Furry Tale Theater while putting away my groceries. "K.T: The Kitty Terrestrial" is lost on Earth when her parents accidentally leave her behind after a picnic. A group of kids help her phone home and avoid scientists Catnip and Grinder. Hello Dorothy will need help from "The Wizard of Paws" and an unusual trio of friends to avoid the Wicked Witchie Catnip and get home to Catfish. Grinder's a big dog in bigger trouble in "Kitty and the Kong." Greedy Catnip takes him from a tropical island to New York City to be an attraction at Cattison Square Garden. Grinder would rather climb the Empire State Building with Kitty in his paws. Tuxedo Sam Skywalker has to save Princess Hello Kitty from Darth Catnip and get her home to Catern in "Cat Wars." Grinder is "Paws: The Great White Dog Shark," who has been eating everything wooden he can get his fangs on. Chip, Kitty, and Sam try to figure out what made him go bad.

No comments: