Sunday, December 13, 2015

Looney Tunes Holidays

I slept far longer than I'd originally planned. I barely had the time to eat breakfast and listen to Christmas With the Looney Tunes. I found this cassette at the Wildwood CVS around 2003. The later voices of the Tunes characters perform both original numbers and goofy versions of classic holiday songs. Of the originals, Daffy's "All I Want For Christmas Is More, More, More" is my favorite - it's a riot, and very Daffy. "The Halle-Looney Chorus," a medley of traditional holiday songs, and Bugs and Taz's "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" are the funniest of the covers.

Work was very busy, far busier than it has been all week. It was so busy, my break was almost an hour late. Otherwise, there were no really major problems, and my relief was right on time.

It did clear out a bit later in the afternoon. While some of this may have been due to the increasingly cloudy and breezy weather, I suspect most of it was because of the Eagles game. I saw a little bit of the end of the first half in the back room during my break. Joined a couple of guys in the back for a little bit of the end. The Buffalo Bills lack the Patriots' sterling record, and are really closer to them statistics-wise. As it turned out, the most ballyhooed aspect of this game - the return of star LeShaun "Shady" McCoy to Philadelphia after being turned over to the Bills - wasn't that big of a deal. McCoy didn't make too many big plays. I saw the Eagles get one last field goal right before heading home. It was enough to let them win by the skin of their beaks, 23-20.

As soon as I got home, I went into writing. Scott and the kids let the toy soldiers and an airplane chase Pruitt Barnaby into the garbage chute. They think they've gotten rid of him, but he turns back up in the main work area, trying to ask Betty to the Christmas Festival. Scott, the kids, Mr. Eldridge, and two toy soldiers show up to cool off Barnaby's ardor. Barnaby asks Scott how he got his job when he was a known pig thief. Scott said he promised Victor Be Nimble, who was the original factory manager, that he'd reform.

Turned leftovers into Tomato-Chicken Soup for dinner while listening to more holiday Looney Tunes tales. Holi-Daze is a Peter Pan kids' LP with four stories on it. The title story tells how Bugs and Granny went to Holly, Arizona to avoid the snow and were mistaken for bank robbers by Sheriff Yosemite Sam. "'Twas a Sight Before Christmas" has Bugs interviewing several Toons in an attempt to prove to his nephew that Santa is real. "Bugs, the Red-Nosed Bunny" has Bugs taking Rudolph's place when he comes down with the flu. My favorite is the cute "Santa Claus-trophobia." Daffy and Bugs play psychiatrist and nurse for millionaire Elmer, who is upset because he thinks he's Santa. While Elmer flirts with nurse Daffy, Bugs comes up with a more positive use of Elmer's "affliction."

No comments: