Sunday, July 30, 2017

Perfect Summer Day

I awoke to as perfect of a summer's day as one could wish for in late July. I celebrated the lovely weather with Blueberry-Chocolate Chip Pancakes and, in honor of my current story, Christopher Cross' self-titled debut album. Although it debuted in 1979, four years before The Summer Strikes Back is set, the songs "Sailing" and "Ride Like the Wind" are about right for the mood I'm going for. (Just wish the pancakes came out better. I burned them a little.)

Worked on writing for the rest of the morning and early afternoon. Luke angrily attacks Vader for hurting Ben. Vader retaliates by showing the boy how his uncle had left his face scarred and blistered after a similar fight. Luke doesn't have the time to question him further before Hank gets everyone on the Falcon.

Hank tries to dodge the speed boats Empire Industries has sent after them, but they keep up the pace. He finally uses a makeshift gun and assigns Luke to a harpoon-shooting gun.

Broke for a quick lunch at 1. Listened to Foreigner's 4 as I ate yogurt, almond butter graham cups, and cherries. Influential songs here include "Juke Box Hero," "Night Life," and "Waiting for a Girl Like You."

Work was very busy when I arrived, with long lines...and not just from crowds. The lights in the store blinked on and off two minutes after I arrived. Every time the lights blinked, some of the registers died. I heard there were problems with street lights going out somewhere in Audubon, then someone said something about a transistor dying. I was very briefly in a register before that went down. I was glad to spend the rest of the day gathering carts and doing returns.

It was so nice, I took the long way home, down Nicholson Road. The crowds had vanished by 6, and I couldn't blame them. It was too lovely a day to be hanging around in grocery stores! It was probably in the upper 70's-lower 80's, warm but not too hot, and thankfully after the last week, not humid at all. Goldenrod and Queen Anne's Lace waved in the breeze as I passed on the hill going to Atlantic. Everyone must have hit the Shore or the local parks when the weather cleared. There was no traffic anywhere, not even on Nicholson or around Wal Mart.

When I got home, I had leftovers for dinner, then played the first Lego Star Wars: Clone Wars I've done in a while. Ran through "Rookies" and "Defenders of the Peace." Not only did they not prove difficult in Free Play, they may have been too easy. I finished the rounds so quickly, I didn't really have the chance to explore as much as I would have liked. I did find a room in "Rookies" that could only be opened with Force power and gave you a minikit piece after you used the Force to throw objects at a worm-like monster. Next time, I'll either see if I can return to these and explore further, or try to finish "Destroy the Malevolence."

No comments: