Thursday, September 06, 2018

Battle of the Birds

It was cloudy and hazy when I headed to work this morning. By the time the noon rush hour crowds started arriving, the clouds were gone, and it was another hot, sunny, humid day. I did get some returns done, but I mainly spent the morning doing returns. I tried to shelve candy in the afternoon, but it got much busier than it has been lately, probably due to the first Eagles game of the season tonight against the Falcons. I got stuck in the register briefly earlier, but then for an hour and a half later in the day. They ended up pulling a stock girl to come up for me so I could get out on time.

Worked on writing when I got home. While Luke holds off Yasmin's fat goons, Leia gets Yasmin on the floor. The female gangster manages to grab the Sword of Wisdom, but she's knocked out by Charel and Harry. Harry tells her that he's not going to be her boy toy and that he and Charel quit her organization. Leia uses the Sword of Wisdom to erase all knowledge of the Force, the Swords, and Alderaanian culture from her mind.

Broke for dinner at quarter after 6. I had leftovers while watching The Best Little Whorehouse In Texas in honor of Burt Reynolds, who passed away today. This wasn't the musical I was originally going to review tonight, but it's also the only movie I own of his. I go more into depth on this vehicle for him and Dolly Pardon at my Musical Dreams Reviews blog.

I'm finishing the night with the big Eagles-Falcons game. A lightning storm delayed the start until almost 9, which is why it's only in the beginning of the second quarter at press time. The Eagles just got a field goal to tie the game 3-3. I hope they pick things up soon...but they always did play better in the second half...

No comments: