Saturday, September 29, 2018

Look for the Silver Lining

Spent most of the morning and early afternoon at work. Surprisingly for a weekend, work wasn't really that busy. There was a small spurt around 11:30. Otherwise, it wasn't bad. I ended up in the register briefly twice, the second time to go in for one of the cashiers, but I mostly shelved candy and put away loose items. There was plenty of help inside and out and no major problems.

Oh, and I saw Jodie while I was doing the candy at work. She said she and Dad will be having corned beef and cabbage for the game tomorrow. Once again, I'll be in around 3:30.

Went straight home after work. I tried writing for about a half-hour, but I was tired from getting up early and ended up taking a nap. Returned to the computer somewhat refreshed after about an hour in bed. Leia comes to by a log in the jungle and finds herself staring face-to-face with a howler monkey. He's a curious little fellow whom she's eventually able to win over with crackers. He helps her out when two of Vader's men catch her, and they return to the camp together.

I broke for dinner at quarter of 6. Had the shrimp I bought yesterday with roasted broccoli and home-made baked potato chips. Not bad. Think I'll leave the "chips" in a little bit longer next time. Dessert was Cranberry-Oat Bars, made from a white cake mix with fresh cranberry topping. I overdid the topping and it overflowed, but otherwise, it was sweet and tasty.

Finished the night with two very different retellings of Cinderella, the original Disney animated film from 1950 and the 1929 early talkie musical Sally, about a waitress who becomes a star on Broadway. I discuss both more thoroughly at my Musical Dreams Reviews Blog:

Cinderella Stories Double Feature - Cinderella and Sally

No comments: