Thursday, November 21, 2019

Busy November

Slept in a bit this morning. I won't have the chance to for the rest of the week! When I did roll out of bed, I had breakfast while watching A Nutcracker Scoob. The first of four Scooby Doo holiday episodes and specials takes place during the early 80's shows with Daphne, Shaggy, Scooby, and Scrappy. Fred joins them at an orphanage, where they're helping the kids prepare for their annual Christmas pageant. A mean old miser may condemn their home before the show can go on...and the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come may not let it! Mystery Inc has to figure out what the ghost is really after and keep the orphans from being thrown out.

Went off to the first errand of the day shortly after the show ended. Really wanted to get the laundry done. They were fairly busy - I took the last inexpensive washer open. Thankfully, they'd mostly cleared out by the time my small load was in the dryer. I worked on story notes and ignored The View and Action News.

Got everything put away, then had yogurt, home-made whole berry cranberry sauce, and the last pumpkin-chocolate chip muffin for lunch. Ran Very Merry Christmas Songs as background music while I got things done. This is the DVD expansion of the original 1989 Disney Sing-a-Long Songs video. We used to watch the original video right after getting home from the last day of school before Christmas break in the late 80's-early 90's. Disney added another half-hour's worth of songs for the disc, mostly accompanying sequences from various holiday-themed direct-to-home-media movies and cartoons. Some of the better additions include "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" by Brenda Lee and the Bing Crosby "White Christmas."

Headed back out after I'd cleaned up from lunch. Took the long way into Westmont across Newton Lake Park. It was an absolutely glorious day, sunny, breezy, and relatively warm, probably in the lower-mid 50's. The park is definitely all the way into in fall now, with grass turning yellow and leaves shades of orange and gold. I was surprised it wasn't busier. I saw a few people going for a stroll and some families leaving the playground, and that was it.

The Haddon Township Library wasn't busy, either. It must have been earlier. The DVD return cart was so full, I focused entirely on the kids' titles and had plenty to do. Even with new items, all but one title fit easily with room left.

They fit easily because the library is still clearing DVDs out of the kids' section. I didn't take out any movies this week - I don't know what my schedule will be like next week or if I'll have the time to return them - but I did grab a bunch more freebies. Picked up Paddington, the Shirley Temple vehicle Little Miss Broadway, the Scooby holiday/winter collection Scooby Doo and the Snow Creatures, the Peanuts collection Snoopy & Friends, and Ferngully: The Last Rainforest.

Stopped at Target on the way home. I needed a new head for my electric toothbrush. A quick sweep through the toy section didn't reveal anything for my dolls, but did bring up a Fortnite action figure for my nephew Khai for Christmas (on clearance, too). Surprisingly, despite it being almost rush hour, they weren't busy at all. I was in and out in less than 20 minutes.

Worked on writing when I got home. Donald manages to get the unconscious - and naked - woman over to the others. They find a room at an Inn, where she rests and the others buy supplies for the journey. Brett comes into their rooms with clothes for Donald, her, and Charles...just as she's starting to wake up...

Broke for dinner around quarter after 6. Had leftovers while watching Little Miss Broadway. I go further into this backstage Shirley Temple tale at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.

Little Miss Broadway

No comments: