Thursday, November 14, 2019

Matches and Libraries

Started the day with more Match Game to drown out that still-roaring wind. William "Captain Kirk" Shatner and Lee "Catwoman" Merriweather join the regulars, Gene, and Betty White for the third PM episode in 1975. A woman says she wants to kiss Richard, but she can't get her wish unless she wins the Head-to-Head...which she does with Richard's help.

Work was even quieter than it was yesterday. It got mildly busy around noon. I helped a woman to her car and bagged for a while. Otherwise, it was totally dead all day. I enjoyed a sunny, windy, slightly warmer (up to the upper 40's) morning doing carts until the floor needed to be swept.

Changed, then had a quick lunch at home while continuing with Match Game. Richard had left the show by 1981 to focus on hosting Family Feud, but Brett, Gene, and Charles were still cracking jokes and answering weird questions. Richard's hardly the only Match Gamer all the girls want to smooch. One contestant asks McLean Stevenson for a kiss, despite her having a cold...which she gets a little too into! ("Send that along to Richard Dawson," Betty White quips.)

Headed out again after I finished eating. I rode across Newton Lake Park to Westmont. Surprisingly, despite it being a lovely fall day, the park wasn't that busy. I dodged a few dog walkers, but otherwise, it was pretty quiet. At least it really looks like fall now. Trees and rushes on the river glow with a golden light that sparkles along the green waters.

The Haddon Township Library was only slightly busier than it has been the past few weeks. At the very least, I did manage to shelve some adult and child DVDs and take out a few more. Decided to give Captain Marvel another try. Haven't seen most of the original Magic School Bus cartoon since college. Figured I might as well do Daniel's Winter Wonderland last year's The Grinch now, before they disappear during the holidays. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band is the last movie I expected to show up at the library; I had to grab it for a review.

It was easier for me to shelve children's DVDs because they've been clearing house. There was a whole cart shelf filled with kids DVDs they were getting rid of, and they let me pick whatever I wanted. I grabbed How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World and the holiday special Gift of the Night Fury, Lego Movie: The Second Part, the Disney live-action Beauty and the Beast (which also will turn up on my blog eventually), and a collection of 1980's My Little Pony episodes, including condensed versions of the original specials Rescue at Nightmare Castle and Escape from Catrina.

Made a quick stop at Dollar Tree on the way home. I wanted to get cards for my brother Keefe's birthday next week and for Rose's family for Thanksgiving, along with sponges. Maybe I should have waited. There were two long lines extended into the aisles when I got there. Thankfully, it could have been worse; the other cashier took the big order and the lines moved fast.

Went straight into writing when I got home. Elaine explains that she can heal with her tears or her hair, when she had her hair. Richard sends Bobby along with Elaine to the Fairy Realm, where both will be safe. He and Charles move along to Andersen Bay, where the others are gathering at an Inn. Charles has a few questions he needs to ask Brett...like how she's a princess and more about her powers and why she didn't tell him she was royalty to begin with...

Broke for dinner at quarter of 7. Finished the night with leftovers, yellow squash, and cheese-topped eggplant bites while watching Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. I go further into this supremely strange late 70's rock opera made of Beatles songs at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.

St. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

No comments: