Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Frosty Fall

I awoke to a wet, windy, frozen morning. It was perfect for warm corn meal and cranberries for breakfast while watching my first holiday special of the season. Garfield's Thanksgiving begins with Garfield being put on a diet by Jon's crush, Liz the Veterinarian. He's even more upset when Jon invites Liz over for a big Thanksgiving dinner. Jon can't cook a big, fancy meal to save his life. Good thing Grandma Arbuckle from the Christmas special knows what to do.

Had just enough time to sweep out the pantry after I ate and did the dishes. My "pantry" is two shelves between the counter and the stove where I keep canned goods, baking sugar and coloring, and condiments I haven't used yet. They desperately needed to be swept and reorganized. I didn't realize I had so much soup! I might have to see if I can find a local food pantry to donate it to.

Ran A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving while I worked. Chuck's frustrated when Peppermint Patty invites herself, Marcie, and Franklin over for Thanksgiving dinner. He and his family will be at his grandmother's house for the holiday. Linus, Chuck, Snoopy, and Woodstock make toast, jelly beans, popcorn, and sundaes to appease them. Patty is upset, until Linus and Marcie remind her of the real reason for the holiday.

The real reason for the holiday is also discussed in The Mayflower Voyagers. The Peanuts kids and animals play Pilgrim children and the dog and livestock who made that fateful voyage across the Atlantic to the New World. Even after they arrive in on the Massachusetts coast, they're plagued by illness and trouble...until the Indians Squanto and Massasoit teach them how to grow crops and live with the land. They have such a bountiful harvest, they hold the first feast of Thanksgiving to honor their new Indian friends.

Headed to work shortly after the cartoon ended. It was actually snowing as I walked out the door. The shower didn't do much more than look pretty and obscure my vision. The ground was too warm from yesterday for it to really stick.

That was pretty much the most exciting thing that happened all day. It was dead the entire afternoon. I spent the first half of the afternoon rounding up carts. After another bagger arrived to take over outside duties, I shelved loose items. By the time I finished my shift, even the snow and rain were gone, replaced by gale-force wind and a rapidly brightening sky.

Went straight into writing when I got home. Charles finally makes it into the tower to find a sobbing Elaine leaning over Bobby. Malade had cut Elaine's hair and cast a spell that blinded Bobby. Richard wants to destroy Malade, but she can easily swat away his arrows. Charles knows what will really defeat her - she can't stand music, the happier, the better. He starts playing, giving Richard a chance to shoot at her.

Finished the night with a fish dinner. I mixed together honey, lemon juice, butter, and spices for a tasty, flaky dinner. Had it with baked eggplants topped with cheese and baked squash.

Watched Uglydolls while I ate, and later when I went online. I go into more details on this colorful animated toy story from earlier this year on my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.

Uglydolls

No comments: