Tuesday, October 03, 2023

Baking Dreams

Began the morning with a quick breakfast and The New Scooby Doo Movies. Mystery Inc stumbles onto the set of "Sandy Duncan's Jeckyl and Hyde" at a studio that's about to be demolished. Duncan's frustrated that filming isn't going well. They're over budget and schedule, due to the many accidents and delays on-set. After one such accident causes Duncan's stand-in to quit, Daphne takes her place. The others investigate...and what they discover is not one, but a whole studio full of ingenious monsters in costume wrecking havoc. When the Hyde monster kidnaps Daphne, Duncan helps the kids find her and figure out who is behind the sabotage. 

Spent the morning making pumpkin muffins. I did the recipe largely from memory...and I have to admit, they didn't come out badly. I added maple syrup for flavor and a touch of sweetness. Yum, moist, flavorful, and just sweet enough. 

The muffins went so well, I made sweet potato pancakes with leftover mashed sweet potatoes for lunch; had them with a pear. The pancakes came out moist and delicious, and the real maple syrup was a perfect compliment. 

Watched Match Game '77 while I enjoyed my meal. Dick Martin sat in for Charles in this episode. Brett was happier to be next to handsome soap star Tom Hallick, while Mary Wickes and Betty White tossed out crusty quips. The first episode has a familiar name of a favorite semi-regular (and former MASH star) coming up in "__ Stevenson" in the Audience Match. The second had Gene and Richard drooling over two lovely contestants named Tom and Chris.

Hurried out to work after that. Work was a pain in the rear end for most of the afternoon. It's the beginning of the month and Tuesday is our Senior Discount Day. We didn't have nearly enough help to deal with them all. It was just me and the express lane for almost the entire evening. I panicked and got upset and felt overwhelmed for most of the afternoon.

Needed a few things after work. My niece Aurora's first birthday was Sunday; my friend Amanda's birthday was yesterday. I got them gift cards. Also grabbed more eggs, since I used up the last of the egg carton on my pancakes and muffins, and that Fanta blackberry "Mystery Flavor." 

Took out the trash and fed the cat for a friend when I got home, then went straight into the shower. I finished up the night watching The Cat and the Fiddle on the copy I dubbed off a video when I still had the DVD recorder. I go further into this operetta featuring Jeanette MacDonald and Ramon Novarro as songwriters who fall for each other at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.

No comments: