Saturday, March 02, 2024

Rainy Day Matches

Got a quick start with breakfast and Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood. "Daniel Explores Nature" on a walk with his family. Katerina joins in to watch birds build their nests, then get Dan Sr. to help when the wind blows the nest down. "Daniel's Nature Walk" with O and X the Owls gets even more exciting when they're caught in a light shower and see things that only come out on rainy days, like rainbows.

It was pouring when I went to sleep last night, and it was still pouring late this morning. I pretty much had to call Uber. I had to re-add the locations of my home and Acme Markets due to Uber completely redoing its interface, but at least they worked faster. That didn't mean the drivers came faster. The one coming took 11 minutes; I was almost late to work. The one going home took 9 minutes.

As it turned out, I spent most of the afternoon in the rain. The head bagger did the sweeping. I pushed carts, and when I got too soaked to push carts, I came inside and returned loose items. At the least, there were no real problems other than the weather. We were busy when I arrived, but cleared out as the afternoon went on. Thankfully, the rain also started slowing down around 3 PM. It was still misting when the Uber driver finally arrived.

Since I was already wet, I went straight into the shower when I got home. After I got out, I had a snack while watching more Sailor Moon Crystal. We learn more about "Mamoru Chiba - Tuxedo Mask" in this episode. Mamoru's backstory with him losing his parents is pretty identical to the original...but this time, Usagi figures out who he is well before they tangle with the Dark Moon Kingdom. The rest of the episode gets closer to the original show, with a plot that involves using a DVD shop to brainwash the citizens of Tokyo into finding Sailor Moon. Usagi is not only able to save them from the programming, she has her first encounter with her favorite superheroine Sailor V.

Switched to Pixel Perfect at Disney Plus next. I go further into this surprisingly touching story of a boy who creates the perfect rock star at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.


Finished at YouTube with tonight's Match Game marathon. Psychiatrist Dr. Joyce Brothers goes way back with game shows. She won the money to start her practice on The $64,000 Question in 1955, answering questions about boxing. By the time she made her first appearance on Match Game in 1974, she was an old hand at game shows. 

Dr. Brothers was a semi-regular from 1974 through 1978, always sitting in the fourth "ingenue" seat. She was there to greet two big winners in their first episodes, Janet Finn in '74 and Carol Bartos in '75. She took notes when Richard and Betty grabbed and kissed each other after a contestant won an Audience Match and agreed to join Charles and Brett in the parking lot when they all said Match Game would be used as torture. She also saw the poor girl who took nearly ten minutes to figure out how they would call Ugly Edna person to __. She barely got an answer in at the last possible second.

The doctor is in for laughs with this wild marathon! 

No comments: