Saturday, September 05, 2026

The Password Is "Legend"

Started the morning with breakfast and Mckey Mouse Clubhouse. The gang is excited about a "Masquerade Party" being held at the club house. Minnie, Mickey, Goofy, and Donald have to find what happened to knight Goofy's boot, then help Pete decide on a costume.

Called Uber after that. No trouble here! In fact, the one going to work arrived in 4 minutes. The one going home came in 8. I got to work on time, and there was no trouble whatsoever.

No major trouble at work, either. I spent most of the day pushing carts, except for the one hour I was supposed to be cleaning the women's bathroom. Trouble is, that room isn't ventilated. It's never going to smell like roses, no matter how hard you scrub. They wanted me to mop the floor, but then everyone walks on it and leaves dirty footprints, and it ends up messy anyway. I did better outside. It was too nice to be inside, anyway. The weather couldn't have been more perfect for early September. It was sunny, breezy, and in the upper 70's, not a hint of humidity in sight.

Went straight home after work. Today's game show marathon started on YouTube shortly after I arrived and changed. (Had dinner later in the evening.) Though Dolly Parton was really only mentioned once on Password Plus as the subject of a Password, Match Game Productions dug around for references to other things associated with her, like butterflies, pink, and charity work. For Password Plus, there were references on one of the episodes from the 1979 holiday week featuring Bert Convy and Carol Burnett (when the latter wiped the floor with the former) and in at least three different weeks featuring Dick Gautier. There was one during the hilarious week where Betty White played Sue Ann Nivens around Richard Pine's CHIps cop and Denver Pyle's Uncle Jesse from Dukes of Hazzard and the episode where Betty White proudly got to model the very first Password Plus jacket. 

Super Password had somewhat fewer references. One did turn up on the very first day of the show, with Pat Sajak and Gloria Loring. There was the time when for once, it was a technical problem with the board and not Bert that inadvertently gave the answer away. There was also one during the only week Charles Nelson Reilly played, joining Abby Dalton. They also had references on all-star weeks, notably the one with Harry Anderson, John Ratzenberger, and soap stars Emma Samms and Jack Coleman. 

The password is...Dolly! Say the word and celebrate everything about one of the most beloved country stars of all time in these all-stars, all-hilarious episodes!


Oh, and I bought my train tickets tonight. I'll be on vacation from September 26th through October 4th. Yes, I'll bring my laptop and will be updating the blog then (though I will take a break from the Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog). 

No comments: