Saturday, September 22, 2007

Time Out Of Mind

What a long day. I did do my usual farm market-bank run, but I got soaked in a sudden, unexpected shower while doing so. I was glad to go despite getting wet. The peaches are gone, but every kind of apple in the universe is out in full force, and pears and squash are now in season, too. I bought Bosc pears, Gala apples, mini portobello mushrooms, a green pepper, two mini-pumpkins, a medium-sized pumpkin, and a few odd-shaped decorative squash for a centerpiece on the coffee table in the music section of my living room.

I also stopped at Erica's and told her I was thinking of dropping the thrift shop volunteering gig. As much as I like it, it's not really helping me meet people or find a job, I don't need more junk, I'm not thrilled about all these new rules cropping up, and to be honest, it's getting a little boring. Much to my surprise, Erica agreed with me and wasn't upset at all.

My watch is a Casio I picked up about three or so years ago. The digital face still works fine, but the wristband is cheap vinyl and has been falling apart for over a year. I've taped it and taped it, and it still keeps coming apart. It did it today at the farm market. I was lucky to get the watch itself back, but the other half was missing. The wristband is attached to the face. It can't be removed and replaced. I have a Shark watch I bought a few years ago, but the battery ran out and the heavy black plastic buttons never wanted to work. They seemed to be stuck, or just really hard to push.

Work was crazy-busy today, but they did get in more Domino's Sugar, and there was really no major problems. I bought a battery for the Shark watch and went home.

I didn't know watch batteries took so long to replace! The other reason I held off so long on getting a new battery for the Shark was a screw got stuck in the Shark watch while I tried to take it out. I finally just broke the screw and opened the watch. It took me over an hour to figure out what went where...and by the time I did, I'd realized I hadn't had dinner yet. I ended up having to take the screws out of the Casio and put them in the Shark.

AND I STILL COULDN'T MAKE THE STUPID BUTTONS ON THE SHARK WATCH WORK! I could not figure out how to set the time correctly!

Sigh. I'll just get a cheap watch from Wal Mart or CVS or Eckard's tomorrow before the Eagles game while I try to figure out how to make the Shark work.

No comments: