Saturday, September 08, 2007

Too Darn Hot

Ugh. It's gotten hot again. Not even stifling-humid like in late July and August. It's just been plain HOT. I spent most of yesterday running errands, including a much-needed big paycheck from last week's near-40 hours. Got my schedule, too. One really late night (Monday) and really early day (Thursday), both long days. Other than that, nothing too bad. Hopefully, some new recruits and transfers coming in should take care of the late nights.

I'm going to spend this week trying to restock my kitchen and catch up on my cleaning. I bought some basic pantry items (like chicken broth and salad dressing) yesterday, and picked up more honey and fruit butter (apple this time) at the Farm Market this morning, along with peaches, apples, and blackberries. I need to call the Camden County Library about volunteering, too.

I was off work yesterday; it was on-and-off today, steady but not too bad. Everyone will probably be in tomorrow before the big NFL Opening Day game between the Philadelphia Eagles and the Green Bay Packers. I'll thankfully be able to watch the second half at my uncle's. (There are some advantages to early work.)

No comments: