Friday, March 27, 2009

Balancing Spring Cleaning

No, Rose didn't go to Yogawood with me today. Once again, she called this morning and claimed she just wasn't up to it. Not only am I not happy with her (why didn't she just say on Tuesday that she really wasn't up to it at all?), but I'm worried. I hope she doesn't end up in another depressed funk. The last time she went through one of her depressed phases, she ended up in the hospital. I'm going to call her again tomorrow and make sure she's all right.

Class was a small one today, only seven women including me and the teacher Micki. We did a lot of stretching and balancing moves, many involving trying to reach for the ankles or bending the knees that my knees just aren't up for. My balance is better than it used to be, but I'm still really not that fit.

I made a few quick stops in Collingswood after class. It might be just as well that Rose couldn't go. I was able to bring a big bag of donations to the thrift shop and take a look at the new WebKinz at the Variety Store (though I didn't buy anything). Besides, it was a lovely morning, sunny, windless, and warm, into the mid-60s. I had a really nice ride to and from both work and Collingswood.

After I got in, I returned to cleaning, this time over the sink. I keep dishes, cups, glasses, baking items (like flour and sugar), grains, oils, and honey up there. I moved everything, scrubbed the shelves (the area where the honey's kept was really sticky), and put down ant traps. I sprayed around the door, window, and between the sink and the side of the kitchen.

I had lunch and just hung around and read for an hour after finishing the shelves, then went to work. Work was steady to busy, with no real problems other than I got out a little late, thanks to someone being late from break. There was only one other cashier open and I didn't want to leave them alone.

No comments: