Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring Rain

Today was cloudy, damp, and chilly, which makes it just as well that it was my errands day. I ran to CVS for eggs and to the Oaklyn Library while my laundry was in the dryer. It's really spring in the neighborhood now. Green growing things are popping up everywhere, from grass on lawns to a whole garden full of flowers. I've seen robins around, too, a sure sign that Mother Nature is ready for a change of season.

It was still cloudy when I finally headed for work around quarter after 2. Work was steady, but nowhere near as busy as over the weekend. I picked up an extra hour on Thursday when an older cashier explained that she had a doctor's appointment at 2:30 but worked until 3. No problem. I only had four hours that day anyway.

The streets were wet when I finally got out of work. It looked like it had rained, though not hard. It sprinkled a bit on the way home. Actually, I wish it would rain harder. We could use it. We haven't had any precipitation since that huge snow storm a few weeks ago.

No comments: