Monday, March 23, 2009

Fire But No Rain

Today was windy, sunny, chilly, and dry as a bone. (When you're getting electrical shocks from grapefruit, you KNOW it's dry.) It was also Laundry Day. While the laundry was in the washer, I watched an episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and a Clubhouse "movie." In the episode, Daisy is taking care of a flock of 10 sheep for Little Bo Peep, but they've all run away and she's frantic. The rest of the Disney gang helps her find them. (The pop-up game with Chip and Dale was really cute.) The movie was mildly (and early) Easter-themed. Mickey's about to have a party at the Clubhouse, but just when it's about to begin, the pieces float away with the rest of the crew inside! Mickey has to search for all five pieces in order to find his friends and the Easter party supplies...and find out who made it fly away in the first place.

After the sheep episode, I tossed my clothes in the dryer and ran errands in the neighborhood. I'd been meaning to drop off the last regular film camera from last fall, the one with Halloween pictures and the remaining pictures of my vacation, ever since I'd gotten the money to do so. I finally decided to take advantage of CVS' 1-hour photo processing and do it today. They told me it would be more like one and a half hours. That was fine. I also needed to run to WaWa for milk and eat lunch. In fact, it ended up being more like two hours...and they knew it. They were nice enough to knock $2 off the price because they were late. I finally got home with enough time to put everything away, get dressed, throw a small dinner together, and rush to work.

I wish the bikes were working better. I don't know why the mountain bike is skipping gears so badly. I keep changing gears, but nothing's working. I'm afraid it's going to eventually get stuck and I won't be able to use it at all.

Work was steady-to-dead, with no major problems. The weather, however, continued to be cold, dry, and windy into the night...prime fire weather. There were fire trucks at the park, right next-door to our house and across from the VFW, when I arrived home. I don't know why they were there. I saw no smoke and nothing seemed to be burning, including my apartment. Maybe they were just being prepared.

No comments: