Monday, March 09, 2009

Family Matters

Today was laundry day. Uncle Ken and Dolores were the only ones home when I got in, doing paperwork and resting. Uncle Ken is still recovering from surgery that apparently took four hours and really left him hurting. Dolores says Samantha has been coming over every day to sit with him and talk to him, bring along her 3-year-old daughter Faith.

I had a lovely time with Faith. With Dad and Jodie taking a long weekend vising friends in Cape May, we were free to watch Dora the Explorer, Go Diego Go!, and The Backyardigans. Dora and Boots looked for the source of a strange sound in the first episode (I guessed correctly that it was Benny the Bull's hiccups) and tracked down all the animals in an alphabet book in a mystery-themed second episode. Diego helped his African friend find two lost baby gorillas who were about to be crowned King of the Mountain Gorillas. The Backyardigans was one I'd seen before - in a spoof of Star Trek, Tasha, Austin, and Uniqua are galactic trash gatherers, searching for new frontiers in stuff people throw away. Klingons Tyrone and Pablo are determined to steal their garbage to run their ship!

Faith herself was adorable, especially when she got up and "tip-toed" along with Dora and Boots as they tried to get around the sleeping Swiper the Fox! Apparently, Boots is her favorite Dora character.

I went home with my laundry shortly after Samantha left to put Faith down for her nap. Most of my socks weren't dry - I had to hang them up while I got ready for work.

Work was very busy, especially for a Monday. The only real problem was when a lady's stuffed pork chops didn't come off buy-one-get-one-free. I thought she might have looked at the sign wrong, but it turns out they WERE on sale - the meat department hadn't fixed the prices so they were listed as being on sale! I did give it to her, and I felt more than a little embarrassed for not believing her. I went and looked myself, but apparently they were being kept closer to the seafood department, because I didn't see them with the other pork items.

No comments: