Thursday, March 26, 2009

Everything Including Under the Kitchen Sink

Finally got around to cleaning out under and next to the sink today. I've been seeing ants, and I think I might have a mouse, too. I scrubbed the area under the sink and put out ant bait and a mouse trap. Also cleared out a few pans I really never use.

Cleaning out the pantry proved to be slightly more complicated. I call it "The Pantry," but it's really two shelves in a small area between the sink, the stove, and the wall. I keep my unopened canned, boxed, and bottled goods there. I can't scrub the bottoms of the shelves, since they're made of wood, but they did need to be swept. Scrubbed the sides of the sink and the stove, too. It was really obvious I hadn't gone through my canned goods in a long time. I had to toss a few that were way past their expiration date, including one can of cranberry sauce from 2006!

It did finally rain last night, a good soaking rain that we badly needed. It was gloomy and damp for the rest of the day, but it never rained. I opted for riding to work after having a lunch of Tomato-Vegetable Beef Soup and Crusty Italian Bread. (The soup was a way to get rid of a carton of Creamy Tomato Soup that was almost expired.)

Work was steady, busier than the last few days but not crazy, with no major problems. The weather turned out to be a problem, though. It had started to rain while I was at work. It didn't seem too bad, so I rode home. That was a mistake. It picked up while I was on the road, and I arrived home soaked. Apparently, this isn't over yet, either. It's supposed to slow down by tomorrow and just start again on Saturday and continue for the whole weekend.

No comments: