Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Trying Hard to Balance

Went to Yogawood on my own this morning; Rose couldn't go this time. It was a mid-sized class, about 10 people with the teacher, Jill. I'm getting somewhat better with the balancing. I was able to do the Warrior III pose, which involves standing on one foot with your arms out and your leg in the air, but had trouble with lifting one leg up and out. And I still can't do headstands. I just have a hard time trusting myself enough.

Made a brief stop at the Rite Aid a few doors down after class for some contact solution, then headed home. I spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning the bathroom and the kitchen. I was originally only going to do the bathroom today, but I didn't work until four and it takes me less than an hour to do the bathroom, so I got the kitchen in, too.

Work was a pain, and still a bit hard to get to. The roads are clear, but many sidewalks are still covered with ice, especially on the Black Horse Pike. My bikes are both acting weird, too. The handlebar on the mountain bike is coming out again (though it feels more tight) and the gears are skipping badly. The chain on the blue stationary bike is loose.

We're still getting annoying beginning-of-the-month people at work, and we usually get people buying cart loads of sale items for the chop shops in Camden late at night, too. I caught one guy trying to buy up the Kellogg's cereal and Pop Tarts on a big sale this week when he wanted to use coupons for the cereal that weren't for the cereal itself. Turns out he didn't actually get the full sale on the cereal, either, because he already bought two loads the day before and you only get one sale per order. I just sent him over to the customer service desk. I'm done playing games with these people. Buy your inventory from a warehouse or don't be in business. What you're doing is illegal and takes away inventory that people need for their families.

No comments: